The 32-year-old West New York man diagnosed with the first positive presumptive case of the coronavirus in Hudson County on Sunday is back home and already planning to return to work on Monday, sources exclusively told HCV.
The man, who works in New York City, is otherwise healthy, has a gym membership close to his job, and typically frequents restaurants in the area, giving low exposure risk in North Hudson for the COVID-19 virus, according to sources who spoke under the condition of anonymity since they were not authorized to speak on the matter.
He has been home since Sunday, shortly after his diagnosis had been made public, after being admitted to the Hackensack University Medical Center on THursday, March 5th, as HCV first reported.
At the time, Mayor Gabriel Rodriguez indicated that the patient had no children in the West New York public schools and that the health department was conducting a full investigation into the matter.
The patient’s speedy recovery, which has been attributed to his young age and high level of physical fitness, is still on quarantine at home, but is expected to be cleared in the next few days and is currently planning to return to work on Monday, March 16th, sources said.
Town officials deferred to the mayor’s previous statement on the matter and declined to comment further.
As previously noted, residents are encouraged to call the stateâ€™s Coronavirus Information Hotline at 1-800-222-1222, the West New York Health Department at 201-295-5070, or visit the townâ€™s websiteÂ if they have any further questions.
Local precautionary measures for coronavirus include Hoboken and Jersey City cancelling certain upcoming senior activities, with the latter also establishing their own hotline to call in case anyone is concerned they may have become infected, as well as schools coming up with preventative plans that typically include online classes.