With 15,823 users, Jersey City has the second most registered Ashley Madison accounts in New Jersey, according to Cinnaminson Patch.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
Jersey City makes the list behind only Newark, which has 26,965 registered users, according to an analysis of New Jersey accounts registered with the website – which promotes “discreet” intimate encounters for married men and woman.
The registration information of thousands of users was released by a group of hackers called “The Impact Team” last month, prompting Avid Life Media – the Toronto-based firm that owns Ashley Madison (as well as other dating sites such as Cougar Life and Established Men) – to offer a $5,000 reward to capture the person(s) involved with the hack (h/t The Washington Times).
Based on the data compiled in the Patch report, here is a breakdown of Hudson County’s Ashley Madison users:
Hudson County Ashley Madison Users
1. Jersey City – 15,823 (2nd overall)
2. Hoboken – 6,164 (12th overall)
3. Bayonne – 3,428 (27th overall)
4. North Bergen – 2,966 (35th overall)
5. West New York – 2,470 (45h overall)
6. Kearny – 2,129 (55th overall)
7. Secaucus – 1,506 (78th overall)