2nd COVID-19 testing site opening for asymptomatic Union City and Weehawken residents


A second COVID-19 testing is opening on Monday for asymptomatic Union City and Weehawken residents, officials said today.

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

“Happy to announce a second testing site is coming to Union City residents. No symptoms are needed to be tested!,” Union City Mayor Brian Stack, also the state senator of the 33rd Legislative District, posted on Facebook late this morning.

A new website will allow Union City and Weehawken residents to schedule appointments, whether or not they are experiencing symptoms, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.

The new testing site will be at 4100 Park Ave., the Town Plaza Center, also the site of the former Acme store.

“Testing is available by appointment only for persons who are symptomatic (feeling sick), as well for asymptomatic (not feeling sick) and are current Union City & Weehawken residents,” Weehawken Mayor Richard Turner said in a joint statement with Stack.

“The test that will be administered is a nasal swab which, will tell you if you have an active infection of the Coronavirus. The site has walk up and drive thru services.”

Proof of address is still required and face masks must be worn by anyone waiting for a test to be administered. The Accu Reference Medical Lab, based out of Linden, will be performing the testing.

Union City residents who would rather schedule an appointment via phone can call 201-537-5704, while Weehawken residents can dial 201-773-7630.

Residents of all five North Hudson municipalities can still schedule an appointment at the testing site located on 36th Street between Bergenline Avenue and John F. Kennedy Boulevard, though this site remains active for symptomatic patients only.

Those interested in scheduling a test here should call 201-366-8465.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/hcvcp/public_html/wp-content/themes/Hudson County View/includes/wp_booster/td_block.php on line 353


  1. Absolutely farcical! Went for test on Friday May 21. Have yet to receive results. Called back 3 times and representative said she would pass my # on to supervisor. Have not got a call back. I took test for reason. I want to visit my father o won’t do so until I get results. I am going to have to take another test. This is the worst case scenario. Only 2 possibilitIes worse than this: is if they gave false readings or I caught it there while getting test. 1 more worse one is if I tested positive and got arrested for it.