A Jersey City woman was arrested at the Bayonne Shop Rite last week after she got caught shoplifting, with cops later discovering her to be in possession of heroin, officials said.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
Zorida Khan, 34, of Jersey City, was charged with shoplifting and possession of a controlled dangerous substance, heroin, according to Police Capt. Janine Foy.
On February 25th at 5:59 p.m., Khan was taken into police custody for trying to steal $64.83 from the store. From there, Khan was found to be in possession of both heroin and a straw with heroin residue on it, officials said.
Khan was released on a summons, authorities said.
- Police: 3 young adults, one teen, arrested in Bayonne for riding as passengers in a stolen car
- Two arrested, one for shoplifting, another for defiant trespassing, at Bayonne Family Dollar
- Bayonne police team up with U.S. Marshals to arrest man wanted for attempted murder
- Two people arrested for package theft in Bayonne after police implement GPS tracking
- Wyoming man busted with ecstacy, cocaine, hand gun, hollow point bullets in Bayonne
- Police: Bayonne traffic stop leads to handgun, cocaine, marijuana being recovered