Gun charge nets felon whose phone number was found on Jersey City domestic terrorist 18 months


A gun charge netted a felon whose cell phone number was found on a Jersey City domestic terrorist in December 2019 18 months in prison, Acting U.S. Attorney Rachel Honig announced.

By John Heinis/Hudson County View

Ahmed A-Hady, 36, previously pleaded guilty before U.S. District Court Katharine S. Hayden to an information charging him with one count of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon back in October.

Hayden imposed the sentence via videoconference earlier today.

On December 10th, 2019, there was a mass shooting in Jersey City where two domestic terrorists, David Anderson and Francine Graham, killed four innocent people before taking their own lives.

After the shooting, law enforcement recovered a handwritten note from Anderson’s right rear pants pocket that contained a telephone number ending in 4115 and a Keyport, New Jersey address.

Law enforcement also recovered several weapons possessed by Anderson and Graham, including an AR-15 rifle.

FBI agents determined that the phone number ending in 4115 contained on the note belonged to A-Hady. Law enforcement also determined that the Keyport address listed on the note was a storefront for a pawn shop.

On the evening of December 13th, 2019, law enforcement officers traveled to the pawnshop and interviewed A-Hady and two of his relatives.

Law enforcement officers lawfully searched both the pawnshop and A-Hady’s private residence and recovered multiple rifles, handguns, and one shotgun.

During the searches of the pawnshop and A-Hady’s private residence, law enforcement also recovered over 400 rounds of ammunition, including a large number of hollow point bullets.

One of the weapons recovered from the pawnshop was a Sig Sauer .22 caliber rifle capable of accepting a large capacity magazine.

Records showed that A-Hady purchased this rifle in Florida on Oct. 23, 2012, approximately five months after A-Hady was convicted in New Jersey Superior Court of a crime that was punishable by a term of imprisonment of more than one year.

In addition to the prison term, Hayden sentenced A-Hady to three years of supervised release. A-Hady forfeited his interest, if any, in the firearms recovered during the search of the pawnshop.

Federal prosecutors also said that no other evidence has surfaced to date linking A-Hady to the domestic terrorism incident in Jersey City.

Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/hcvcp/public_html/wp-content/themes/Hudson County View/includes/wp_booster/td_block.php on line 353