A West New York first responder saved a three-year-old boy choking on a marshmallow by quickly administering the Heimlich maneuver, police said.Â
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
Saturday at around 6:18 p.m., West New York Emergency Medical Services responded to a call of an infant choking, with his eyes rolling back in his head and turning red, according to the police report of the incident.
One EMT quickly reacted and performed the Heimlich maneuver, causing him to throw up the food and regain normal breathing, officials said.
Complaining of throat pain and dizziness, West New York EMS transported the infant to the Palisades Medical Center as a precautionary measure, authorities said.