In a joint effort with the Hoboken Family Pharmacy, the City of Hoboken will begin visiting senior buildings to offer residents Pfizer booster shots tomorrow.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
“We know that the vaccines are our greatest line of defense against COVID-19. But, according to experts, the protection provided by COVID-19 vaccines appears to wane over time,” Mayor Ravi Bhalla said in a statement.
“With the rise of the Delta variant, it is imperative that we increase protection for our seniors, those with underlying medical conditions, and those at a greater risk of exposure. I urge everyone eligible to get a booster shot as soon as possible.”
Individuals 65 and older who received their second Pfizer dose six months are eligible, as are those with underlying medical conditions, along with healthcare workers, teachers, as well as people who work in prisons and homeless shelters.
Those seeking a Pfizer booster must present their vaccine card to receive one.
“Working with our local partners, we have made it easy for our seniors in senior buildings to get a Pfizer booster as soon as possible by bringing the boosters directly to them,” added Health and Human Services Director Leo Pellegrini.
“Hoboken is committed to providing these booster shots as well as continued testing and vaccinations for all our residents.”
The dates, times, and locations are as follows:
• Monday, Sept. 27, Marion Towers at 400 First St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Tuesday, Sept. 28, at Fox Hills at 311 13th St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Wednesday, Sept. 29, Monroe Gardens at 221 Jackson St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Thursday, Sept. 30, Adams Gardens at 220 Adams St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 1, Columbian Towers at 76 Bloomfield St. from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 1, Columbian Arms at 514 Madison St. from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
Through a partnership with Medicine Man Pharmacy and Compounding the City will also expand its vaccine clinics at 605 Jackson St. from two days per week to three days per week.
They will be open from 9 a.m. until 12 noon on Monday and Wednesday, as well as from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday.