In a letter to the editor, Jersey City native Demetrius Terry states his case for why residents should re-elect Jersey City Mayor Steven Fulop and his team.
Dear Jersey City residents,
As early voting begins in New Jersey this Saturday; I encourage residents to vote early. As a native of Jersey City, there is a very important upcoming election in Jersey City for mayor and city council.
Over the past eight years, Jersey City has seen tremendous progress and growth for working and middle class families under Mayor Steven Fulop.
The reasons I fully support Mayor Steven Fulop for re-election:
• Pandemic Management: Jersey City was amongst the first in the country and State of New Jersey to put restrictions and curfews in place to keep residents safe. The city also provided relief and resources to residents and small businesses.
• Health and Human Services: Under the leadership of Director Flanagan, the department has become a national leader with helping homeless residents, senior affairs, veteran outreach, and healthy food access.
• LGBTQ Rights: Most LGBTQ Friendliest city in State of New Jersey, and leader on LGBTQ issues.
• Public Safety: Diversity & Inclusion implementation on the police force.
• Stable Taxes, Economic Development and Youth Development
Lastly, it’s important to understand Mayor Fulop needs the right team to continue the progress.
It’s crucial you elect Team Fulop on the city council:
Council President Joyce Watterman
Councilman-at-Large Daniel Rivera
Ward A Councilwoman Denise Ridley
Ward B Councilwoman Mira Printz Arey
Ward C Councilman Richard Boggiano
Ward D Councilman Yousef Saleh
Ward F Councilman Jermaine Robinson
Jake Hudnut to Ward E City Council
Amy Degise to Council-at-Large
Jersey City native