A Jersey City man who is already facing charges for allegedly killing and beheading two men, was sentenced to 18 years in prison last week for two unrelated robberies, Acting Attorney General John Jay Hoffman announced.
Yusuf Ibrahim, 30, of Jersey City, will be ineligible for parole for the first 15 years of his 18-year sentence, which he received from Hudson County Superior Court Judge Mitzy Galis-Menendez on Thursday.
Back on October 8, Ibrahim pleaded guilty to an armed robbery on the night of Sept. 19, 2012, admitted that he used a handgun to shoot a man in the foot and pistol-whipped him before stealing his money and cell phone, officials said.
The charges that came with the Attorney General’s indictment included robbery, aggravated assault and weapons offenses and Ibrahim pleaded guilty to all of the offenses against him, authorities said.
Furthermore, back on September 30, Ibrahim pleaded guilty to a Dec. 22, 2011 Jersey City carjacking, which he also received his sentencing for on January 8.
Ibrahim received a 12-year sentence with 10 years parole ineligibility for the 2012 offense, as well as a six-year sentence with over five years of parole ineligibility, court documents show.
He now awaits the results of pending murder charges, allegedly shooting Egyptian nationals Hany Tawadros, 25, and Amgad Konds, 27, in the chest with a .38 caliber handgun on Feb. 5, 2013 in Jersey City after abducting them in Konds’ Mercedes C280.
Ibrahim is accused of then driving the bodies to Buena Vista in Buena, New Jersey, where he cut off their heads and hands and knocked out with their teeth with a tire iron to hinder identification of the bodies before burying them in a wooded area behind an unoccupied relative’s home, officials said.
The April 28, 2014 grand jury indictment in the case charges Ibrahim with two counts each of murder, f felony murder, kidnapping, robbery, desecration of human remains, and various other crimes associated with the alleged murder and mutilation of the two bodies.