Hudson County has the most cases of COVID-19 out of all 21 counties in New Jersey, the first time they have exceeded the number of confirmed positive cases in Bergen County since the outbreak of the pandemic.
The New Jersey Department of Health indicated that there are 17,134 coronavirus cases in Hudson County, just ahead of Bergen County (17,080 cases), along with 1,032 deaths – the third most behind Essex and Bergen Counties.
While new hospitalizations are seeing a steady decrease, down 37 percent since April 29th according to the NJ DOH, new positive cases remain commonplace in many areas with the increase in testing locations.
Testing locations in Hudson County are currently available in Bayonne, Hoboken, Jersey City (two), Secaucus, and Union City (two), with antibody testing currently available in Jersey City and rapid antibody testing coming to Hoboken next week.
Tallies released per municipality as of 3:45 p.m. are as follows:
• Bayonne: 708 cases, 59 deaths, 248 recoveries
• East Newark: 69 cases, 7 deaths, 62 recoveries
• Guttenberg: 196 cases, 22 deaths
• Harrison: 351 cases, 19 deaths
• Hoboken: 540 cases, 26 deaths
• Jersey City: 6,221 cases, 369 deaths
• Kearny: 1,127, 64 death, 204 recoveries
• North Bergen: 2,364 cases, 162 deaths
• Secaucus: 509 cases, 25 deaths
• Union City: 3,135 cases, 141 deaths
• Weehawken: 293 cases, 20 deaths, 237 recoveries
• West New York 1,946 cases, 96 deaths