The Bayonne Fire Department made quick work of a Friday evening laundromat blaze, with no injuries reported and everyone able to return to the building safely.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
At 5:28 p.m. this evening, Bayonne Fire Department was dispatched to a report of fire inside the laundromat at 186 Ave F. Arriving units found a small dryer fire and extinguished it within minutes, the city’s office of emergency management said.
All tenants of the building were temporarily evacuated but were allowed to return at approximately 6p.m.
Additionally, no injuries were reported and Fire Chief Keith Weaver said that an investigation is underway, however, the fire appears accidental in nature.