Firefighters from North Hudson Regional Fire & Rescue saved a man who got his finger caught in an electric mixer while working on a construction project in Union City yesterday afternoon, the fire chief said.
By John Heinis/Hudson County View
At 1:18 p.m. yesterday, contractors were working on a renovation project at 3100 Bergenline Ave. in Union City, according to NHRF&R Chief Frank Montagne.
“There were renovations going on in the building and a contractor was using an electric mixer to apply fireproofing material to structural improvements,” he explained over the phone this afternoon.
“A finger got caught in the hopper, which mixes the material, so NHRF&R responded, shut off the power and cut a roller out of the machine to free his hand.”
Montagne said the worker was transported to the hospital immediately after being freed from the machine and was not immediately sure of how serious the injuries he sustained were.